Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to Math 140!
On this site you will be able to view worksheets we have done in class and the answer keys. You will also be able to leave comments concerning any problems you have doing the homework or understanding the lecture. I encourage everyone to post and reply to each others comments. Help each other out!

13 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Zambrano

    I still get confused on knowing when we have to use "mu" and when we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey everyone,,, i'm Chen Chao Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "mu" is used when trying to solve the mean of a population. the "x bar" is used when we take a sample of the whole population.

    -yesenia morales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed ^^. Btw did anyone get the right answers for numbers 15 and 17 on the 3-4 homework? I couln't for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi!! I'm Jihyun. I hope we will get an A on the test.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello. my name is lingga and i'm new with blogging stuff. at last, i can make the account. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi this is Yuhee. I hope I understood everything about chapter 1 through 3..

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi im greg tashdjian what is a stratified sampling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I'm Vahe Khanjian, how do you find UF and LF?

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI my name is Carolina Munoz. Stratified sampling is when you divide the population into two different subgroups then you draw a sample from each subgroup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello I am Connie Annmarie : i still have a hard time figuring out the outliers in 3-4 i use the formula in the book but the answers always come out wrong :(!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. to find UF and LF you first subtract Q3-Q1=n and what ever the difference of the two number are you multiply them at the end of the LF and UF

    Ex: LF: Q1-1.5*n=
    UF: Q3-1.5*n=

    This is from my notes from Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you all did great on the exam! See you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete